University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
- "Measuring Aggregate Productivity Growth Using Plant-Level Data," (with James Levinsohn), RAND Journal of Economics, Winter 2012. PDF, Programs.
- "Estimating Lost Output from Allocative Inefficiency, with Application to Chile and Firing Costs," (with Jagadeesh Sivadasan), Review of Economics and Statistics, March 2013. PDF, Programs
- "The Impact of Plant-Level Resource Reallocations and Technical Progress on U.S.
Macroeconomic Growth," (with T. Kirk White and Jerome P. Reiter), Review of Economic Dynamics, January,
2011. PDF, Programs.
- "A Control Function Approach to Endogeneity in Consumer Choice Models," (with
Kenneth Train), Journal of Marketing Research, February 2010, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp.
- "The Consumer Gains from Direct Broadcast Satellites and the Competition with
Cable TV," (with Austan Goolsbee), Econometrica, March, 2004, Vol. 72, No. 2,
pp. 351-381. PDF, Programs.
- "Estimating Production Functions Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," (with
James Levinsohn), Review of Economic Studies, April 2003, Vol. 70(2), No. 243, pp.
317-342. PDF, Programs.
- "Quantifying the Benefits of New Products: The Case of the Minivan," Journal of
Political Economy, 110:705-729, 2002. PDF. Programs 1, 2, 3.
- "Production Function Estimation in Stata Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables,"
(with James Levinsohn and Brian Poi), accompanies levpet.do stata procedure, Stata
Journal, 2004, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.113-123. PDF, Programs.
Recent working papers:
- Fernando Ferreira, Amil Petrin, and Joel Waldfogel, "Trade and Welfare in Motion Pictures," September 2012. PDF.
- T. Kirk White, Jerome Reiter, and Amil Petrin, "Plant-level Productivity and Imputation of Missing
Data in U.S. Census Manufacturing Data,"January 2013. PDF.
- Kyoo-il Kim and Amil Petrin, "A New Control Function Approach for Non-Parametric
Regressions with Endogenous Variables," March 2013. PDF.
- Amit Gandhi, Kyoo-il Kim, and Amil Petrin, "Identification and Estimation in Discrete Choice Demand Models
when Endogenous Variables Interact with the Error," March 2011, PDF.
- Amil Petrin and Frederic Warzynski, "The Impact of Research and Development on Quality, Productivity and Welfare," May 2012, PDF.
- Mitsukuni Nishida, Amil Petrin, and Sašo Polanec, "Explaining Reallocation's Apparent Negative Contribution to Growth," April 2013, PDF.
- Amil Petrin and Kyoo-il Kim, "Control Function Corrections for Omitted Attributes in Differentiated Product Models.'' PDF.
- Amil Petrin and Kyoo-il Kim, "Tests for Price Endogeneity in Differentiated Product Models,'' April 2013, PDF.
- James Levinsohn and Amil Petrin, "On the Micro-Foundations of Productivity Growth," November 2003, PDF.
- James Levinsohn and Amil Petrin , "When Industries Become More Productive, Do Firms?: Investigating Productivity Dynamics," January 1999, PDF.
Stata files for Levinsohn-Petrin (2003) production function estimator (levpet.do):
- Stata Code (zipped file with ado routines) levpet.zip
- Amil Petrin, James Levinsohn, and Brian Poi "Production Function Estimation in Stata Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," Stata Journal, Vol. 4 (2), 2004, PDF This code can also be downloaded directly from Stata.
April 24, 2013